Analytical dashboards focus on gaining insights from a volume of data collected over time – often the past month or quarter – and use this to understand what happened, why, and what changes should be made in the future. By analyzing logs, IT security staffs can catch some suspicious symptoms and plan secure measures.
Analystic Dashboard - Building Grouped Data with Pie Chart
A pie chart is good for showing the relative shares of different quantities and Grouped data chart show you the result with literal value. Grouped Data with Pie Chat is a combination of Pie Chart and Grouped Chart that Logsign dashboard offer respectively. When displaying attribute values as segments in a Grouped Data with Pie Chart, a summary operation is performed on the Grouped Column field values. The aggregate can be any one of the following:
- The average value across the features
- The maximum of the values of all the features
- The minimum of the values of all the features
- The sum total of the values of all the features
So, let's build an Grouped Data with Pie chart sample.
1. Go to Dashboard > Add Widget and select Grouped Data with Pie Chart icon.
2. Click "Next" and provide required information. The panel description is as below. Basically, Grouped Data with Pie Chart is consisted of properties and it's count value. Therefore, selecting a proper Grouped Column is a key to present your dashboard graph.
- Title: The title presents the customized dashboard name
- Information Source: Information Source is a source where the information will be forwarded. In Logsign, there are 4 sources such as Reports, Alerts, Captive Portal, and Logsign Event. Obviously, Reports source is the source that send information of the reports class in Logsign. Alerts is the source that related with the alert class. Captive Portal is the source of hotspot class. Logsign Event is the source of the Logsign web interface events.
- Time Column: This is already specified as Time Generated. This is one of time attributes that log will be shown up on the dashboard.
- Grouped Column: Grouped Column is the fiducial value indexing the series of information on a dashboard.
- Grouped Column Oder Type: Grouped Column Order types is the way of order in chart presentation.
- Refresh Time: Refresh time is the number of times in seconds or minutes that a display dashboard updates its information.
- Query: By querying some conditions, you will be able to narrow down the result you want.
- Rows Per Page: The rows will be displayed in a dashboard
- Index Time: The time span from when dashboard receives new data to when the data is written to a dashboard.
3. Click "Next" and set the panel size.
Now, you can see the dashboard that you have create on custom container.