Analytical dashboards focus on gaining insights from a volume of data collected over time – often the past month or quarter – and use this to understand what happened, why, and what changes should be made in the future. By analyzing logs, IT security staffs can catch some suspicious symptoms and plan secure measures.
Analystic Dashboard - Bar/Column Chart
A bar chart or bar graph is a chart that presents Grouped data with rectangular bars with lengths proportional to the values that they represent. The bars can be plotted vertically or horizontally. A vertical bar chart is sometimes called a column bar chart. So, let's build an Bar/Column chart sample.
1. Go to Dashboard > Add Widget and select Bar or Column Chart icon.
2. Click next and provide required information. The panel description is as below.
- Title: The title presents the customized dashboard name
- Information Source: Information Source is a source where the information will be forwarded. In Logsign, there are 4 sources such as Reports, Alerts, Captive Portal, and Logsign Event. Obviously, Reports source is the source that send information of the reports class in Logsign. Alerts is the source that related with the alert class. Captive Portal is the source of hotspot class. Logsign Event is the source of the Logsign web interface events.
- Time Column: This is already specified as Time Generated. This is one of time attributes that log will be shown up on the dashboard.
- Grouped Column: Grouped Column is the fiducial value indexing the series of information on a dashboard.
- Grouped Column Oder Type: Grouped Column Order types is the way of order in chart presentation.
- Refresh Time: Refresh time is the number of times in seconds or minutes that a display dashboard updates its information.
- Query: By querying some conditions, you will be able to narrow down the result you want.
- Rows Per Page: The rows will be displayed in a dashboard
- Index Time: The time span from when dashboard receives new data to when the data is written to a dashboard.
3. Click next and set the panel size.
Now, you can see the result as below.